MegaSquirtPNP Gen2 – Plug-N-Play Standalone Engine Management System
*Fits multiple BMW models:
- 1987-1992 325i (E30 Chassis with M20) *
- 1988-1992 735 (E32 Chassis with M30)
- 1989-1990 525 (E34 Chassis with M20)
- 1989-1993 535 (E34 chassis with M30)
- 1991-1993 M5 (E34 chassis with S38)
*Note: This does not fit 325e models with the eta engine (except the 1987 “Super Eta”), or the 1992 E36 chassis 325i with the M50 (in 1992, the convertible used the E30 chassis, while coupes and sedans received the new E36 chassis). These used a different ECU design. Additionally, some European 325i models for the 1987 year used an ECU with a part number of 0 261 200 073 or 0 261 200 081; this ECU is not compatible with the stock wiring on these cars.
Also, this MSPNP may not work with automatic transmissions on the E34 or E32 chassis, which rely on the fuel consumption signal for the transmission computer. Automatic equipped E30s used a hydraulic transmission control that isn’t an issue.
Second Generation MSPNP; Easy to Use and Install!
MegaSquirtPNP Model #B8793 Features:
- Fully Plug and Play Installation – No wiring required for basic functionality. Average install time is under 1 hour!
- M20 base maps is pre-loaded to help your engine start on the first turn of the key (other model base maps included on USB stick)
- Real time tuning and data logging with a laptop connection
- Supports most aftermarket wideband sensors
Fully Tunable Engine Control!
- 16×16 Fuel Tables allow high resolution tuning
- 12×12 Ignition Tables
- Multiple Acceleration enrichment strategies
- Closed Loop Idle Speed Control
- Air Conditioner Control
- Bank to bank fuel control with stock wiring, or 3 channel semi-sequential fueling with minor wiring changes
- Onboard peak and hold drivers support both high and low impedance injectors – No external ballast resistor is needed!
- Allows removal of stock airflow meter
Advanced Feature Set (Included!)
- 12×12 Air Fuel Ratio Target Tables for use with wide band O2 sensor for precise tuning and table trim.
- Built-in 2-step rev limiter / launch control with flat shift
- Real time barometric correction
- Internal 4-bar MAP sensor reads up to 44PSI of boost
- Overboost protection
- Closed loop boost control (Requires EBC solenoid Kit)
- Knock sensor input with adjustable sensitivity
- Headphone output for knock sensor – listen for knock while you tune!
- Table switching input. Change fuel and spark maps on the fly for different fuels, nitrous activation, etc.
- Input for flex fuel sensor – switch between E85 and gasoline on the fly!
- CANBus connector allows interconnection of other MegaSquirt-compatible devices for additional functions (EGT Input, Automatic Transmission Controller, Additional Sensors…..the possibilities are limitless!
What you get in the box:
- MegaSquirtPNP B8793 ECU
- MSPNP RS232 serial tuning cable, 6′ (USB adapter sold separately, if needed)
- Tuning Software and Documentation USB Stick
- 6′ Vacuum Hose for MAP Signal and ‘T’ fitting
- Four Screws for ECU mounting
Here is a partial list of DME (stock ECU) part numbers that this ECU can replace:
- 0 261 200 150
- 0 261 200 153
- 0 261 200 154
- 0 261 200 173
- 0 261 200 179
- 0 261 200 350
- 0 261 200 351
- 0 261 200 380
- 0 261 200 524
- 0 261 200 525
- 0 261 200 526
Note: Although there is a paid upgrade to TunerStudio, it is not needed to tune this ECU. The free version included on the USB Stick can access all the features and tables of the MegaSquirtPNP. The paid version of TunerStudio simply adds tuning and analysis software, such as VE Analyzer Live to tune the fuel tables based on wideband O2 feedback (requiring a wideband O2 sensor and controller, sold separately).