Upgrading your MS1 or MS2 to the latest MS3 has never been easier with this processor replacement! We’ve packaged the MS3 daughter board with 2 of the 40 pin sockets, so it will match up with our cases (required for upgrade) which have cutouts for the SD card and USB adapter. Simply unplug your MS2 daughterboard and plug in the MS3, insuring there is a total of 2 40-pin sockets in between the socket on the board and the header on the MS3 daughterboard. If upgrading from MS1, you’ll also need to add the MS2 jumpers and may need to change some of your input and output pins.
The MS3 daughter card on its offers these features:
- VE and ignition tables are now both 16 x 16
- 0.1% steps on VE table, 0.1 degree steps on ignition table
- Socket for an onboard SD card – no laptop required for data logging (SD Card not included)
- Built in USB port
- GM stepper IAC control
- Closed loop idle and mixture control
- CANBus communications for interface with GPIO Board, IO Extender, or other devices
- Staged injection
- Native support for many different OEM trigger patterns
The MS3 also provides a starting point for even more expansion. You will be able to connect the pin headers on this board to additional hardware, such as the MS3X board or other cards to enable features like these:
- 8 channels sequential fuel control
- 8 channel sequential ignition control
- Individual fuel and spark trim for cylinder by cylinder tuning
- 2 and 3 channel PWM IAC control
- 2 stage nitrous controller
- Table switching for multi-fuel engines
- 2 step launch control
- And more!
For complete MS3 documentation, see msextra.com.