MegaSquirt-II Engine Management System with 3.0 main board – Un-assembled Kit with Black Case.
The MS230-K kit includes everything you will need to build your MegaSquirt-2. The genuine B&G partial kit with PCB3.0, the Bill Of Materials (note: BIP Coil driver is sold separately as most installations do not need this), the case, pre-machined endplates and heat sink bar, even the tube of heat sink compound and a bit of jumper wire is included. All you add is tools, solder, and time! The only other thing you might need is a tuning cable if you don’t have one already. I have those available as well for a few bucks.
MS230-K Kit Bill Of Materials (BOM) Includes:
- MS2 Daughter card
- All ‘Basic Components’
- PWM Flyback Damping Circuit components
- Hall Sensor/Coil(-) and VR Sensor Ignition Trigger Components
- Current Limiting Circuit Components
That’s right, everything needed to build this to the standard configuration is included.
The MegaSquirt 2 Standalone EMS is truly a dream ECU computer for the DIYer. This latest rendition can control fuel, ignition, stepper motor IAC, and more for your turbo, supercharged, or naturally aspirated engine. More information about MegaSquirt-II can be found here.
MegaSquirt II includes all of the features and benefits of the original
- Onboard MAP sensor for NA or boosted engines up to 21psi!
- Speed density or Alpha-N.
- Use any injector – High or Low impedance.
- Compatible with output from narrowband sensors and wideband O2 systems.
- Log data on your laptop for later analysis.
- Tuning software is free for download and regularly updated with new features.
- Source code and hardware information is available online allowing you to customize things beyond the massive feature set already available if you choose.
- Includes proper female DB37 connector and shell for your wiring harness.
Additional Features with MegaSquirt-II
- 24 MHz HCS12 processor
- Fuel control to 1 µsec (100 times more resolution than MegaSquirt-I),
- Ignition control (full spark timing advance control, dwell control, etc) for one coil/distributor (7 pin HEI for example) and Ford’s EDIS systems,
- On-board stepper motor driver for IAC stepper control (this requires a few jumpers, included in the kit, to be added on the MegaSquirt PCB to connect the socket jumpers to the DB37 connector),
- Ford PWM idle valve firmware support,
- Built-in rev limiter, either ‘fuel cut’ or ‘spark retard’,
- All tables are now 12×12 in size,
- WBO2 AFR target table (in AFR units),
- Independent dual-tables for VE and AFR target,
- EGO feedback in wide-band mode is proportional to the difference between the measured AFR and the target AFR, the bigger the difference, the bigger the feedback step,
- Spark advance table can have different rpm and kpa bins than VE and AFR tables,
- 115,200 baud serial interface with MegaTune2.25+,
- CANbus networking
- Barometric correction amount and direction configurable in software, and provisions for:
- barometric correction based on initial MAP reading,
- independent 2nd barometric MAP sensor for continuous real-time baro correction, or
- no baro correction.
- TPS values for open loop and flood clear mode are user configurable,
- MAP based open loop can be set as well as TPS,
- Both TPS and MAP based accel enrichment is built into the code, you can configure the ratio of each,
- Blended Alpha-N and speed density is an option,
- 2 spare I/O lines for custom controls. (This is in addition to 4 lines for Idle stepper control if you don’t need this, or the Fast idle solenoid then becomes a spare if you do use a stepper motor.)
Available Source code means Endless Development.
As with the original MegaSquirt EFI system the MegaSquirt 2 is an open project allowing anyone to customize the hardware and code to meet different needs. This firmware’s feature set has grown hugely and continues to be refined. If there’s a feature you’re after, chances are MS2/Extra can do it!
As with all unassembled kits, the quality is second to none. Everything is meticulously organized and labeled to help make your ECU assembly go as smoothly as possible. For example, each of the above bags contains a certain type of part, one with all of the resistors, one with diodes, one with capacitors, etc. Inside each of these bags the parts are further broken down and labeled in their own individual baggies as pictured below. We even go so far as to put the components in numeric order to make finding them easier. We’ve really tried to think of everything.